The International Student Forum

Please guide me how to write a scholarship letter.

Financial Aid is always a popular topic. Use this section to tell other students about resources you have found.

Moderator: jfrankel

Forum rules
Our rules are simple:
- Spam will not be tolerated
- Never use abusive or offensive language
- ABSOLUTELY NO marketing or promotional links allowed

PLEASE NOTE THIS REGARDING MARKETING OR LINKS
All links posted in our forums are "nofollow" and carry no search engine weight.

If you wish to advertise or promote a service you offer to international students, please see the appropriate forum for Advertising/ Promotion. It's very simple, fail to adhere to these guidelines and you will be banned and removed - your are only wasting our time and your time!

Please guide me how to write a scholarship letter.

Postby loh yee chen » Sun, 10 Jul 2011 12:07:15 +0000

Hello, I come from Singapore. I have three draft letters - covering letter, CV and personal statement. I am trying to apply a scholarship for my oversea education. How can I meet the objective of scholarship organisation? I am clueless about scholarship application. The few ogranisations do not provide the application forms but have the objectives.

Personally, I do not wish to ask my parents as my another sponsors. Thank you
loh yee chen

Re: Please guide me how to write a scholarship letter.

Postby joanna811 » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 02:23:00 +0000

Honestly, it really depends which scholarship you are applying for. Many times there are requirements on what you need to include in the letter, and this is heavily dependant on the actual scholarship. Obviously applying to a corporation scholarship from Pepsi, will be a bit different than the requirements for a academic essay type scholarship.

After a quick google search I found these articles somewhat helpful - but you need to be sure to check the actual scholarship guidelines of the committee your actually writing for.
Ehow has some good guildelines in this article - here
Another comprehensive list: writing lovers
scholarships.com is also a good source - they have a lot of scholarships and details on how and when to apply.
scholarshipsngrants.com has a list of scholarships if your just getting into college, as well as a few tips and resources on how and where to apply.

Good luck!
joanna811

Postby StudentGuru » Fri, 02 Mar 2012 11:13:09 +0000

Hi, The Essay Writing Guidance will give you some general idea of how to write a scholarship letter.
http://www.internationalstudent.com/essay_writing/
Get social and join in the fun:

Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/intstudent
Comment on my blog - http://blog.internationalstudent.com
Become a Facebook Fan - http://www.facebook.com/internationalstudent
StudentGuru
International Guru

Postby Mia anderison » Fri, 15 Jun 2012 06:46:22 +0000

Cool girl has sent you a good format. But the format is not enough the stuff inside really matters :)

Sorry not here to criticize but to give the right point of view..

Thanks
Mia
Mia anderison

Postby elizabeth35 » Sat, 15 Jun 2013 05:19:40 +0000

When you write a letter asking for scholarship money you are highlighting your accomplishments and achievements. You will be trying to convince the scholarship committee that you have unique abilities and talents that make you stand out as an applicant to be considered and selected. The content and focus of your scholarship letter should show that you have the required initiative and leadership necessary to successfully complete the college program that you are seeking to obtain financial support for. Here are some helpful hints and tips on how to write a letter asking for scholarship money.
elizabeth35

Postby selau » Tue, 27 Aug 2013 10:21:07 +0000

Your best bet is to show the university what you're made of. Why do you love the course you're studying? How are you motivated? What does entrance mean to you? Let them know you're not going to quit on the subject and that it's something you adore studying and you might have a better chance. You also need to put in your skills and experience to show you have what it takes to work well with the school.
selau

Return to Financial Aid