The International Student Forum

which is a good sat result

Financial Aid is always a popular topic. Use this section to tell other students about resources you have found.

Moderator: jfrankel

Forum rules
Our rules are simple:
- Spam will not be tolerated
- Never use abusive or offensive language
- ABSOLUTELY NO marketing or promotional links allowed

PLEASE NOTE THIS REGARDING MARKETING OR LINKS
All links posted in our forums are "nofollow" and carry no search engine weight.

If you wish to advertise or promote a service you offer to international students, please see the appropriate forum for Advertising/ Promotion. It's very simple, fail to adhere to these guidelines and you will be banned and removed - your are only wasting our time and your time!

which is a good sat result

Postby pilanjeff » Mon, 12 Sep 2011 08:15:52 +0000

I have a 600 in reading, 550 writing and 760 in math is it good for college application at an ivy school?
pilanjeff

Re: which is a good sat result

Postby crawleyj » Sat, 11 Aug 2012 02:47:31 +0000

Jeff,

Only a relatively small percentage of US universities require the SAT, although the most competitive schools almost always do. It is up to each US school as what score they would be looking for. the admissions decision will normally be based on a combination of classes taken, grades received and test scores (if required). Involvement and leadership also can enhance an application but are not the promary factors.

It will be important for you to choose 3-5 schools to apply that you feel you are qualified to be admitted to. One or two can be dream schools, one or two should be great choices but maybe not quite as selective, and one as a back-up choice that you are farily sure you can get in to.

Good luck!

Jim Crawley
"Ask a US Advisor"
jcrawley@els.edu
Jim Crawley
Director of University Partner Relations
ELS Language Centers
http://www.els.edu
crawleyj
International Advisor

Postby crawleyj » Mon, 19 Nov 2012 10:44:18 +0000

Jeff,

Sorry for my delay in responding.

It is extremely difficult to predict what an Ivy League school will want to see, but I can tell you that they get many applicants with perfect GPAs and very high test scores. These are primary factors but for highly selective schools like the Ivy League schools, every factor is important. They regularly deny students that would easily be admitted at any other school in the country. It is all related to the competitive nature of their admissions decisions.

At Brown University, you can take a look at how your scores copare to other that may have been considered with the same scores: http://www.brown.edu/admission/undergra ... sion-facts

I hope the application process is going well for you! Good luck!
Jim Crawley
Director of University Partner Relations
ELS Language Centers
http://www.els.edu
crawleyj
International Advisor

Postby lasily001 » Thu, 06 Dec 2012 12:18:39 +0000

Hi,
I believe you have scored decent marks in all the sections. You can apply in some good California Universities. Check out the admission section for all these universities and am sure you will get into a good university.

Good Luck!
lasily001

Postby selau » Tue, 03 Sep 2013 04:11:34 +0000

Those are some good marks, you should be able to get in a lot of the school you're looking at. You might want to look at different school's standards (like the link that was sent to you from the Brown site). Either way, I don't think you'll have an issue getting in especially if your grades and activities look good.
selau

Return to Financial Aid